County Clerk Contact Information

AFTER your ceremony have your marriage license recorded back with the County Clerks office;

OPTION A: Your license is signed by one of our Ministers, you simply return your marriage license to the courthouse that provided it to you

(within 30 days), in the self addressed envelope that they have provided. 

Processing the license at the courthouse can take between 4 and 12 weeks.  Once they record it, they will mail you the "certified" copy.  If for some reason it gets lost in mail or lost at the courthouse, do not panic this happens quite often, depending on County.  Request a duplicate copy from your County Clerks office (they may have a small fee $10 and up), we are happy to sign at no charge, but please wait 12 weeks before making your request. with us.  You are responsible for making sure the license is returned to the County Clerks office.  Once Your license has been mailed, it is up to you to make sure it gets recorded, certified, and returned to you.

OPTION B:  You can take it back to the courthouse yourself which we highly recommend, they will record it on the spot, and give you your certified copy.    Most couples elect to return it themselves, however it must be returned within 30 days of our signing.

Why go to the Courthouse or Justice of the Peace, when you can get married at our romantic office Mini Chapel for the same price or less, have a beautiful ceremony, and celebrate with your friends and family.  Be sure to check out our Office Mini Chapel Packages starting at only $89.  Also, have a Do It yourself reception in our chapel space!

Up to 32 Guests allowed, more than the courthouse!

Texas Marriage Laws

How to get a discounted Marriage License - Call Your County Clerks office for Details.

Frequently Asked Questions....

A One Stop Wedding Shop Ministry

Fort Worth, Texas 

Marriage Officiant Services 817.209.7061

Tarrant County

County Clerk

Mary Louise Garcia
200 Taylor St., Room 301
Fort Worth 76102
Phone: 817-884-1195
Fax: 817-884-1075

Kaufman County

County Clerk

Laura A. Hughes
100 W. Mulberry
Kaufman 75142
Phone: 972-932-4331 ext.1202

Denton County

County Clerk

Cythia Mitchell
P.O. Box 2187
Denton 76202
Phone: 940-349-2010
Fax: 940-349-2019


A formal marriage license, can be obtained from any county in Texas, and the marriage can be performed anywhere.  If the marriage takes place outside of Texas, contact the appropriate state office, consulate or embassy to learn the marriage requirements for that state or country.

Additional requirements and information:
There is a 72-hour waiting period on all marriages (after the marriage license, is issued before the marriage ceremony, can take place).  The 72-hour waiting period can be waived by meeting one of three criteria.

The waiting period does not apply if an applicant is a member of the armed forces. 
Military ID must be shown to the person who performs the marriage ceremony.

The waiting period does not apply if the applicant obtains a 72-hour waiver signed by a District Judge.  Waiver must be shown and kept by the person performing the ceremony,

The waiting period does not apply if Applicants possess a valid Two-gether in Texas Certificate (see more info below).  Certificate must be shown to the person who performs the ceremony. The marriage must take place within 90 days from the date of issuance--no exceptions.

If divorced in Texas, there is a 30-day waiting period after the divorce is final before remarriage--unless waived.  If the 30-day waiting period is waived, a certified copy must be presented at the time the marriage license, is purchased.

County Clerk, MARRIAGE LICENSE, FEES:The fee is $81.00 cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover.  (Credit card use adds an additional 3% fee.) The fee is $11.00 for couples who attend the State of Texas approved Marriage Education Class and present a valid Two-gether in Texas Certificate.  For more information visit the Two-gether in Texas website (link below).


Both parties must appear in person before the County Clerk in Texas to obtain a TEXAS marriage license; Submit the person's proof of identity and age;
Provide the information applicable to that person for which space is provided
Mark the appropriate boxes provided in the application and;
Take the oath printed on the application and sign before the Texas county clerk.

In some cases (depending on which county you are in)  you can contact a "Sub-Courthouse" near you, to obtain this license. 

Call them first, you could get faster "walk in-walk out" service.

How To Get a Marriage License in Fort Worth & Dallas Texas

Anyone can take this class as part of your community's public service.  You do not have to be part of a church or organization, or have it included as part of any Minister/Officiant Services.      This class is offered through your own community.  Contact your local county clerks office for more details.

Benefits of taking a premarital education include:
*Enhancing your communication and conflict resolution skills to enrich your relationship,
*Learning the key components of a successful marriage,
*Receiving a $60 discount on marriage license fees, and
*Waiver of the 3-day waiting period.

The eight-hour premarital class offered by instructors in your community may be available in a variety of formats including:

*One-day 8 hour classes,
*Weekend events, or
*Multi-week educational series.

In order to learn more about the qualifying marriage education opportunities in your area, simply click this link:  enter the ZIP code, City, or County in the
"Search for Marriage Education Services" field on the left and click search.  When the page populates, simply scroll to the bottom and search “NO FEE” Providers.
Upon your successful completion of the premarital education class, they provider will issue you a certificate to present to the County Clerk to receive a $60 discount when you purchase your marriage license, Reducing your marriage license fee to only $21. 

Same Gender/LGBT Unions & Commitment Ceremonies:

Just in Hot off the press - June 26,2015!

A very special day in our history!!

Read now for the latest Supreme court rulings on same gender

and gay marriage, as reported on CNN!

We will be more than happy to help you celebrate your legal ceremony in Texas!!

Wise County

County Clerk

Sherry Parker
P.O. Box 359
Decatur 76234
Phone: 940-627-3351
Fax: 940-627-2138

Dallas County

County Clerk

John F. Warren
509 Main Street Ste 200
Dallas 75202
Phone: 214-653-7478
Fax: 214-653-7082

How do I change my name after Marriage?

After your ceremony,  file your license with issuing County Clerk  (where you got it from)

then they will record it & send you a "certified legal copy of the license".

Once you received your certified legal document copy back from them,

then you can do your name change  (Allow 4-12 weeks to receive it back from them).
Change a name on a Social Security card:  Online Service
Find a Social Security office close to you at:
                       Social Security Administration                              
Office of Public Inquiries        You can call toll-free at 1-800-772-1213

Change a name on your Texas Drivers License:
Online Name Change at:
Closest office near you:
Austin Headquarters:  (512) 424-2000   Texas Driver License Customer Service: (512) 424-2600
Main Site:

Marriage License
You can get your Texas marriage license from your County Clerk,  and get married by our Wedding Officiant/Wedding Minister,  after the 72 hour Texas waiting limit.  We specialize in Elopements, rush & last minute Weddings.

72 Hour waiting is waived for active Military (read below)

  We give Military Discounts & Senior Citizen Discounts

(Discounts do not apply on elopement ceremonies as they are already discounted).

Are Witnesses Required for my ceremony? 

No.  Texas did away with that law back in Sept. 2013.  Witnesses are no longer required.

We got married but didn’t have a license, are we married?

No, under Texas State law, that wedding will not be recognized as legal or official for civil purposes. You will need to purchase a marriage license and have another ceremony within the validity dates of the license, and for civil purposes this date will be your official wedding date.  

Solution:  If you had a “Mach Wedding” or ceremony without a legal license, just meet with us, we will have you say the consent and “I Do’s” to make it legal & will sign the
license.  Please note the actual legal marriage date will be on this date, not your first ceremony date.

Do we need witnesses to be present to sign the license when we get married?

No, that is no longer a requirement in the State of Texas

We are a same gender couple, will our marriage be legal?  Yes!  Supreme Court rules in favor of same-sex marriage nationwide  Updated 11:32 AM ET, Fri June 26, 2015| Video Source: CNN

How do we obtain a Certified Copy of our legal marriage document?

After your ceremony we sign your license and mail it to the County Clerks office in which you purchased it.  They will record it, and send you a Certified Legal Copy.  Allow 4 week to 12 weeks to get that back from them, if you do not received it in that time, contact them.  Please note also, the  "Wedding Keepsake Certificate" that we give you, is not your legal document.  That is just simply a keepsake for you to frame, put in a photo album, etc.  It can't be used to change your name or be used in any other legalities.

We got our license, when can we get married?

There must be at least 72 hours between the date and time of issuance of a license and the time the ceremony occurs unless one applicant is on active duty in the armed forces, or a waiver is granted. (See County Clerk for more details) If a marriage ceremony has not been conducted before the 90th day after the date the license is issued, the marriage license expires

Does the marriage ceremony have to take place in Texas?

There are no references in the state laws in regards to where the marriage ceremony has to take place. Once a marriage license is filed it is a presumed valid marriage.

What If I Am Under The Age Of 18, Can I Still Get Married?

If you are 16-17 years of age, you can only marry if one of the following criteria is met:

  • You have parental consent. Parental Consent must be evidenced by a written declaration on a form provided by the County Clerk. A county clerk may accept the form of another Texas County Clerk or from an official authorized to issue marriage licenses in another state. (Contact County Clerk for more details) [Family Code § 2.102]

  • You have been previously legally married, and the applicant provides a certified copy of the divorce decree. [Family Code § 2.101]

  • You obtain an order from the Texas district court where the parent resides. [Family Code § 2.103]

Can I Get Married If My Divorce Has Just Been Finalized?

When applying for a marriage license, each applicant must indicate that he or she has not been divorced within the last 30 days, unless the applicants were divorced from each other, or the prohibition against remarriage was waived under Section 6.802 of the Family Code.

Does Texas Recognize "Common Law" marriage?

Common-law marriage, also known as "informal marriage" is legal in Texas. A couple may choose whether or not to register their informal marriage. If they do choose to register, both the husband and wife must appear before the County Clerk to file a Declaration of Informal Marriage. The couple must list the date on the declaration from which they have considered themselves married. In other words, a couple can be married for some period of time before registering their informal marriage.

There are two ways a couple may prove that they are informally married:

  1. They can file a Declaration of Informal Marriage (available from the County Clerk's office) or

  2. They meet all of the following conditions:

    • the couple agrees that they are married;

    • they live together in Texas; and 

    • They represent themselves to other individuals that they are married to one another [Family Code § 2.401]

Do you have any calendar restrictions as far as the day we get married is concerned?

No, we do weddings 7 days a week.  Hours of business are 11 am to 8 pm.  We do have a Holiday Fee of $35 for all Major US Holidays.

Can we have our children stand at the altar area with us and be a part of our ceremony?

Yes!!  We even offer customs/traditions that you can choose from that would include them in the ceremony. 

We are not religious people, does religion have to be a part of our ceremony?

No, not at all.  You actually get to decide how much religion goes into your ceremony.  In our selection portal you have a hundreds of selections to choose from when it comes to the wording of your ceremony. You get to determine how much religion is incorporated as well as how much interaction you have and how long your ceremony will be, all determined by the selections you make in the portal.  We truly would like you to choose what "you" want, not what you think someone else wants you to have.  After all, it's YOUR day =)

I want a Religious Ceremony... Do I have to get married in a Church?

No.  You can still be married at any venue you choose and incorporate as much religion as you like using our Selection Portal.   Your ceremony is performed by a Christian Minister Non Denominational which basically means you can Incorporate traditions into your ceremony from most any Faith or Religion.

Can we come to your office to get married?

Yes you can come to our office mini chapel as a courthouse or Justice of the Peace alternative, by appointment only as we travel all over the Dallas, Fort Worth, Areas.

The office is perfect for small family weddings. Our mini chapel office is decorated with the Bride in mind, you can even have small do it yourself receptions. 

My Father is not available to walk me down the aisle and give me away, who else can do it?

Anyone!  Traditionally that is someone close to you, family or friend, Godparents, Uncles, even Mothers.

Parker County

County Clerk

Jeane Brunson
P.O. Box 819
Weatherford 76086
Phone: 817-594-7461

Collin County

County Clerk

Stacey Kemp
2300 Bloomdale Road, Suite 2106
McKinney, TX 75071
Phone: 972-548-4139

Ellis County

County Clerk

Cindy Polley
P.O. Box 250
Waxahachie 75168
Phone: 972-825-5070

Johnson County

County Clerk

Curtis H. Douglas
P.O. Box 1056
Cleburne 76033
Phone: 817-556-6315
Fax: 817-556-6326

Have your license & Ready to get married? 

We travel to your venue for Weddings in Texas
Collin County,  Dallas County (some areas of Dallas) , Denton County, Ellis County, Johnson County, Kaufman County, Parker County, Tarrant County, Wise County.  Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Denton, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Richland Hills, Roanoke, Cedar Hill, Crowley, DeSoto, Duncanville, Forest Hill, Grapevine, Haltom City, Keller, Mansfield, Midlothian, North Richland Hills, Everman, Kennedale,  Ft. Worth, & surrounding cities, Mid Cities Areas, Texas.

Name Change:  Requests for certified copies of a Marriage License should be directed to the County Clerk's Office in which the license was originally purchased.

Dallas & Tarrant County Texas

Marriage License & Law Requirements

Frequently asked Questions

Same Gender Wedding Ceremonies, Gay Weddings,  LGTB Weddings,

  Tarrant Dallas Kaufman Collin Denton Ellis Johnson Parker Wise County

Discount Marriage License Information

Ordained Minister Officiant in Fort Worth Tx.  -

A One Stop Wedding Shop Ministry  817-209-7061, 

Fort Worth, Texas

Business Hours:  Monday through Saturday 10am to 8pm,
Sunday - Call for Openings - Open Holidays, Appointment Only/No Walk Ins

Marriage License Information in Fort Worth Texas

A One Stop Wedding Shop Ministry

Hours:  Monday - Sunday - 11am to 8 pm      

Sunday - 12pm to 8pm

(Same Day Service Available - By appointment only) 

Open Holidays   

1980 Mony St. (Suite 111), Ft. Worth, Tx 76102

Call us for availability - 817-209-7061

Quick Links